During these difficult times with the COVID-19 virus affecting our lives, workplaces, and social interactions, I wanted to give you an update on “what’s going on at JEM Electronics.” JEM continues to take the necessary steps to ensure we protect the health and well-being of all our associates. Safety remains our top priority.
- JEM continually strives to keep our work environment safe. We exercise social distancing and personal hygiene (handwashing, facemasks, etc.). We have stringently followed CDC guidelines for cleaning work surfaces. In addition, we have our entire production floor and administrative offices thoroughly cleaned regularly.
- Per CDC guidelines, we have developed policies for worker protection and provided training to all cleaning staff on site prior to providing cleaning tasks.
- Training included when to use PPE, what PPE is necessary, how to properly don (put on), use, and doff (take off) PPE, and how to properly dispose of PPE.
- We continue to operate at 100% capacity and remain current with critical deliveries to our most important customers.
- JEM continues to be an exclusive provider of cable assemblies for a front line, medical device manufacturer that provides lifesaving breathing equipment. Their activity has increased multi-fold since the beginning of the pandemic with no end in sight.
- We also provide assemblies for other essential manufacturers that include military, government, clean energy, and robotics.
- JEM continues to grow!
- We have added 11 new jobs in the last couple of weeks. These jobs are in areas that include production, shipping, and engineering.
Finally, as we all continue to work through the challenges that COVID-19 has presented, we look forward to the ‘new normal’ and re-engaging with our clients and suppliers face to face. We appreciate the support all along the Supply Chain that we continue to get from our customers and will work hard to continue to serve. A heartfelt THANK YOU to all our front-line heroes that make our lives better every day. Thank you to all our customers, we truly appreciate your business!
Best Regards & Stay Safe,
Andrew F. Dengos
Vice President, Sales, Marketing & Account Management
JEM Electronics, Inc.